Thursday, September 11, 2003

Today is a blah day. The sky threatens rain, but no dice yet. Still no interview phone call. I am headachey and tired. And I have nothing else to write about. I got my cell service cancelled last night so that was good! No more dealing with frustrating Verizon. I'm planning on being a Working Assets Wireless girl. I know they're tools, but so am I!



They're not as bad as these MCI motherfuckers though. I've gotten a call from them every night this week trying to get me to switch to their new local service. I hate them. Their telemarketers are trained to have the same annoying spiel. This is how the worst one went:

Me: Hello?

MCI: Hello, may I speak with Melissa?

Me: This is her.

MCI: How are you this evening?

Me: Just fine.

MCI: I'm calling from MCI Neighbors a new local phone service provider in your area. You have Qwest right now, right? So, you're paying, what, like $40 a month for basic service?

Me: No, I pay $11.00

MCI: But, you don't get caller ID, call waiting, or voice mail or any services like that, right?

Me: No, I don't. I don't want any of those services.

MCI: Don't you want to know who's calling you before you decide to answer the phone?

Me: Why? So I can not pick up for people like you?

MCI: Haha. Exactly!

Me: Well, how about you just not call me anymore and we won't have that probl--?

MCI: [interuppting me] How about I just give you some time to think about it and I call you back later OK?

Me: No that's not OK!

MCI: OK? [talking over me telling him not to call back] OK! I'll call you back later! [*click*]



Dicks. Isn't there some law that says they can't call me back if I tell them not to? I got another call from some woman the next night and told her not to call back before we got very far. We'll see what happens...

No comments: