Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Today I eat a monster cookie. Oatmeal M&M from Great Plains Sauce & Dough, serving the best thick-crust pizza in Ames. Which actually doesn't say much, but what can I do? This is my home now and I like it here. Today I read my current's ex's blog and wonder if I would be her if it weren't for finding my niche at IMSA. She's dramatic and emoteful and obscure and she knows all the new lingo. Today I wear my crushed velvet green T which is so 1996, and my Lane Bryant Stretch(tm) jeans cinched with my belt flap drooping awkwardly above my left hip. I yawned all day and despite my 10 hours of sleep last night, I just wanted to curl up in a lap and sleep the partly cloudy away. Mia is just as desperate as ever. If we make eye contact over breakfast, she'll meow until I leave for work. I wonder if she even knows what she wants because she doesn't stop if I feed or pet her.


No comments: