Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Stupid flash

There are many websites now that are using the Flash technology which, I'm guessing, allows more user interaction with the site. Some websites are completely inaccessible if you don't have Flash, such as Chaco's. I get a taunting message about how I don't have Flash and I need to simply "click here" to download and install it. I'm reassured that it's a quick and painless process and I have no doubt that it would be. Except, you see, my main internet access is on The Man's dime and The Man doesn't let me install even the smallest program on his computers.

I've been hoping that one day I will be prohibited from viewing some content relevant to my work at the Department due to not having Flash and I will be able to use this to convince The Man to install it. I have yet to come access any legitimately related website that I can use without this little tidbit of technology. Let me know if you come across something. Meanwhile, our receptionist continues to bother me about where she can call to order a Chaco catalog. I'm unarmed without access their website. All I can tell her is I got mine at Moosejaw in Chicago. No, you can't walk there from Union Station. Just go to their website...

No comments: